Sunday, April 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Luke! Party Post- Decorations

Read about the decorations on this page!
Party Post- sweets here, Party Post- menu here, party Post- professional pics here, or Party Post- the party here!- I will link here once all the posts are up!

Pinterest has made party planning go crazy! There are so many amazing ideas out there and now I want to do them all. I've had to reign myself in a few times and remind myself that I didn't need to do everything on Pinterest.


The Very Hungry Caterpillar (By Eric Carle) has always been one of my favorite little kid's books. It's become a modern classic if you ask me. I knew early on that I wanted to a Hungry Caterpillar birthday for Luke.


Invites
I did make a lot of the decorations and food for his party but decided to start with invitations designed by Party Pixie on Etsy. She was great to work with and had a proof to me in a few days. I was able to print them at Costco for a very low price and order 5x7 envelopes from Amazon. I hope to use Party Pixie for my thank you cards too. We ended up sending over 50 invites and it looks like we will have about 50 adults and 25 kids/babies at the party.
Invitation from Etsy - PartyPixie Invites
Luke's Outfit

Early on when I decided on the party theme, I was searching etsy for the perfect shirt for Luke to wear. He wore a Very Hungry Caterpillar ONE shirt from the Etsy shop RightUpYourAli1. He also had a tie made out of the Very Hungry Caterpillar dot print from the talented Candice at MiduKids.
 

Banners
I made the "Happy Birthday Luke" banner using 2 shades of green cardstock and I freehand drew the letters. I attached it with metal brads so that it would hang smoothly. We attached it to the wall using the 3M stickies because it was too heavy for tape.



High Chair Banner
I made Luke an "I am 1" banner for the front of his highchair. I made it using the same 2 shades of green cardstock and I also freehand drew the letters for this banner. I attached it with tape to his highchair.

Photo Banner
Since we've been taking monthly photos the whole time, a photo caterpillar banner was the perfect way to display them. I used the collages I made on the PicStitch App and printed them as 4x4 squares at Walgreens through the Printicular app. I then used double sided tape to attach them to the 2 shades of construction paper and taped them to the wall. They did not want to stay on the wall though and kept falling off.





Caterpillar Balloons Out Front
I found this idea on Pinterest as well and loved it! We used 3 green balloons and a red one. I used double sided tape to attach the eyes and antennae (made out of construction paper). I bought some small golf tees to hold the balloons in the grass.

Birthday Board
I made a digital birthday board with the tutorial from this blog. I used powerpoint and printed it as a architecture poster at Office Depot for $2.99.



365 Photo Project Slide Show
I took on a 365 day photo project when he was born and surprisingly kept up with it. I decided to show it as a slide show on our TV during the party.We purchased the correct HDMI cable and plugged it into my laptop.
Favors
I went back and forth on whether to do favors or not. I finally decided to do chocolate covered pretzels for the adults and balls for the babies. Luke's favorite activity is playing ball so I thought that was fitting. I made favor tags using wallet size prints from Costco and hole punched them to attach them to the favors.
Close up of the tags:
Favor Tag for the Babies- attached to a ball
Favor tag for the adults- attached to a chocolate covered pretzel
Entryway Decorations
In the entryway, I posted the birthday board above a table. The table has the extra fabric on it as a tablecloth, some balloons next to the table, the favors, and a large Very Hungry Caterpillar board board that people will sign as a guestbook.









No comments:

Post a Comment